Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 9:42 am 

Good Morning,

I was looking to take advantage of the holiday sale (as I have in the past) and purchase 4 kits. I see the prices are reduced the initial 15% out of the gate. While I feel like there is some black mathematical magic happening to the prices after that, I don't think it's reducing the total by the price of the cheapest pedal - assuming it's the same as the previous sales. And some pedals (Silver Pony 2, Crown Jewel, Analog Vibrato) are outright lowering the price whether there are 3 other kits present in cart or not.

I want to get: Echo Royal, Silver Pony 2, Crown Jewel, and Analog Vibrato.

After 15%:

93.49 + 87.29 + 114.68 + 87.08, total = 382.54

In cart:

93.49 + 71.95 + 86.75 + 73.14, total = 325.33 (and those 3 discounts happen whether I have 4 pedals, 1 pedal, 2 pedals, etc. in the cart - Echo Royal pedal price doesn't change regardless).

A difference of only $57.21 (should be $87.08?)

Has this been mentioned or anyone else experience this?

My 2nd question - do we just use the comments box to request painted enclosures, and are they available for those pedals still? Is there a substantial price difference? I just did water slide decals for a bunch, but on these I kinda just want to build them and go...and some of them have so many knobs/switches, it would be tedious for me to do them justice.

Thanks for your help!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:59 am 

Can't speak to the first question, but I imagine Nick or someone else at HQ will.

For the painted enclosures, check the first drop down menu that mentions the enclosure, and you should be able to choose painted enclosure as an option. It does add to the cost, but I think it's definitely worth it, especially on the complicated ones with many knobs.

Good luck, happy holidays, happy building!

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 11:04 am 

Ah, yep...dumb work PC security (who needs that) was blocking the options from showing up.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:09 pm 

It seems to apply the "bulk discount" correctly at home, so I guess not going through the options was not letting it see the items correctly or something.

Thanks again!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 5:26 am 

For me, I just use a black marker and clear spray paint. I like that rustic DIY or “science project” look.

But I have to admit that the painted enclosure on some of the pedals do look pretty nice and really gives the feeling that you’re getting a boutique pedal.