Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:48 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 3:21 pm 

The previous BYOC reverb pedal had the BTDR-2H module. The current one has the BTDR-3H. Anyone know the differences with these two modules?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:20 pm 

If you Google both names with the word 'datasheet', you'll find some info. Whether or not it means anything to you, I couldn't say! :mrgreen: My understanding is that the BTDR-3H allows the reverb decay to be adjustable in certain ways. Might have to wait for someone else to weigh in with the exact details.

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:24 pm 

Yeah, I did google and it was ambiguous to me. :shock:

My guess is that it probably has longer decay time. And possibly-it’s flexible for a tone knob to be added. Just my guess

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 11:17 am 

I think mostly it's the way the 'dwell' control is handled. If you take a look at the schematics for the Reverb 2 and the new Spring Reverb, you will notice that the dwell control is handled with an opamp circuit in the Reverb 2, and on the Belton brick itself on the Spring Reverb. This results in a cleaner circuit, both in circuit design/parts count, and it helps slightly with fidelity.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 5:00 pm 
Site Admin

You'll notice that the BTDR-2 came in 3 different versions: Long, medium, and short. This referred to the dwell time lengths (which they refer to as delay time). These dwell times were fixed and could not be adjusted.

The BTDR-3 is essentially exactly the same as the BTDR-2, but it only comes in one version and has variable dwell time. It's like having all 3 versions in one, but you control the dwell time via an external resistance. Aside from that, I don't believe there are any significant differences between the 2 and 3.

As Nick pointed out, the previous version of the Reverb used the short delay version BTDR-2 with a feedback loop to create extended dwell. The current version doesn't need a feedback loop as the dwell is controlled at the reverb module.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com