Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 12:01 am 

Hi all, just built a Divided Octave and love it both before and after my Gonzo Fist Fuzz, so I am going to build another so I always have both options on tap. (And who knows, one before and one after, together, might be great too!)

That said I’m hoping to perform a couple of mods on this next one and any help/advice will be hugely appreciated.

1. I’m hoping to make the octave down on this next build one octave rather than two. Would love to know if this ease easily achievable (like on the MXR Blue Box).

2. I’d like to reduce the volume of the Ringer On signal so it’s it’s closer to the volume of the of the Ringer Off signal

3. Global Volume Out - I’m pretty sure I can accomplish this by simply adding a pot across the output / ground of the Divided Octave (not looking for any more volume, just a bit of attenuation).

4. Going to make Bass Only momentary instead of latched (this i can do without advice! :D )

Thanks!

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:46 am 
Site Admin

byoc wrote:
wjmwpg wrote:
Hi all, just built a Divided Octave and love it both before and after my Gonzo Fist Fuzz, so I am going to build another so I always have both options on tap. (And who knows, one before and one after, together, might be great too!)

That said I’m hoping to perform a couple of mods on this next one and any help/advice will be hugely appreciated.

1. I’m hoping to make the octave down on this next build one octave rather than two. Would love to know if this ease easily achievable (like on the MXR Blue Box).

If you look at the schematic, CD4013a is where the first octave down happens. CD4013b takes that octave down a second time. Mind you, this suggestion is only theoretical, but the tap for 1 octave down would be at the pin2/11 junction. Or or maybe the output of IC6b at pin 7. Probably better still, use a switch to disconnect R59/15k from pin 13 and reconnect it to pin 2/11.

2. I’d like to reduce the volume of the Ringer On signal so it’s it’s closer to the volume of the of the Ringer Off signal

R31/82k would be the ringer "volume" resistor. Making it a larger value would reduce the volume. Maybe try 100k.

3. Global Volume Out - I’m pretty sure I can accomplish this by simply adding a pot across the output / ground of the Divided Octave (not looking for any more volume, just a bit of attenuation).

I think you've got this one on your own.

4. Going to make Bass Only momentary instead of latched (this i can do without advice! :D )

Thanks!

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Thu May 02, 2024 10:55 pm 

Many thanks!