Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 6:05 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Armstrong twin led
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 6:34 pm 

First time I tried my AT, I got a red led light in pos.1, a green light in pos.2 and no light in pos.3. Unplugged it to look at my solder connections under the magnifier, but didn't change anything. Next time only pos.1 showed red light, both 2 & 3 no light. In position 1, I measure ~1.3v accross cathode and red lead of led; in pos.2 I read ~ .8v accross cathode and green; in pos.3: ~ 1.2v accross cathode and blue lead. I inspected my solder joints closely and can't see any problem. Could I have a bad led? Seems unlikely to me...
Ran a guitar through the compressor and it seems to be working but I haven't really tried it out yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2007 10:24 pm 

Have you tried reflowing your solder joints?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:00 am 

Yes. Does anyone know if the voltages are correct at the green,blue and red leads of my led?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 8:46 pm 

I can't tell you if the voltages are correct, I don't own a pedal with a full spectrum led, but here are some things to try:

make sure you don't have a cold joint on one of the leads
make sure the led isn't in backwards
make sure your led wire going from the switch to the board doesn't have a cold joint
check the value of r23, it should be 4.7k -- wrong value here and you could've fried the led.

Sorry I can't be of more help, have patience and I'm sure someone here would be willing to get voltage readings on their a.t. led.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2007 11:23 pm 

i agree. i was going to suggest making sure that the LED is oriented propperly. also make sure that each leg of the LED is in a hole

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:25 am 

The LED wouldn't work at all if it were in backwards. The LED's common cathode lead would no longer be in the correct hole so none of the colors would light up.

Post subject: Re: Armstrong twin led
PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2007 3:56 pm 

LeeS wrote:
First time I tried my AT, I got a red led light in pos.1, a green light in pos.2 and no light in pos.3. Unplugged it to look at my solder connections under the magnifier, but didn't change anything. Next time only pos.1 showed red light, both 2 & 3 no light. In position 1, I measure ~1.3v accross cathode and red lead of led; in pos.2 I read ~ .8v accross cathode and green; in pos.3: ~ 1.2v accross cathode and blue lead. I inspected my solder joints closely and can't see any problem. Could I have a bad led? Seems unlikely to me...
Ran a guitar through the compressor and it seems to be working but I haven't really tried it out yet.

I got my Twin and LED working fine, so let me know if you still need LED voltages.