Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Wed Apr 17, 2024 6:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 12:17 am 

Hey all, working on my second pedal right now and I'm almost done installing the resistors. I just can't find where the third 3k3/332 resistor should go. My kit actually came with 4 of them (also an extra 1k/102) but I'm not too concerned with the extras, but going kinda nuts trying to find where the last one is supposed to go since the parts list says there should be 3 of them. To my eyes my board right now looks identical to the guide in the instruction booklet, hope maybe someone can lend a fresh set of eyes over here! Just can't help getting that "IKEA feeling" when you finish building a shelf and have a couple screws leftover!

I circled the 332's that I've found so far:

https://imgur.com/a/K1g5sTp

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:15 am 

i have finally gotten around to populating this board and i'm preparing the enclosure. there were two extra resistors in my kit. set it aside, double and triple check your progress. rock on!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2021 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Huh? Must just be a typo. I only see two as well.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:31 am 

Have the same issue. Can't fine the third 332, but am missing a 153. I'm guessing the extra 332 is a misprint and my missing 153 was a count error in packing. Also, I really wish the resistors were packaged and labelled by their values. I had to read each with a multimeter because my eyes are garbage.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:55 am 

itsalljustaride wrote:
Also, I really wish the resistors were packaged and labelled by their values. I had to read each with a multimeter because my eyes are garbage.

While that is an attractive idea, I doubt that many customers would want to pay the cost adder for the labor needed to do something like this. Consider that the Echo Royal kit contains over 60 resistors, and several of the kits contain significantly more than that.

We always suggest sorting & measuring the resistors with a multimeter as the best option to be sure you have them properly identified, particularly if you're new at decoding the color banding. Alternatively, using a good magnifying device while cross checking against the parts list is an approach many of us more experienced builders use.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:19 pm 

Mine had an extra 3k3 as well. It was written into the parts list. This forum is great!

Also for the record I love the sorting process. It is extremely satisfying and meditative.