Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:51 am 

Hi everybody,
I've been struggling with getting my Analog Chorus pedal up and running. I've looked through the other posts, but still haven't found anything that has done the trick to even get the LED to turn on - so I decided it was time to ask for help.

With an input plugged in, the bypass works fine. If the button is pushed, there is no LED and no effect - other than a faint ticking sound, which doesn't change if the knobs are adjusted.

If there is no input plugged in, there seems to be 9v power on the board. Once the input gets plugged in, it seems to disappear somewhere. I can measure 2-ish volts at the power jack, but it seems to fluctuate with the the ticking sound.

I'm not really sure what to troubleshoot next, or how to go about getting it working.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!

Attachments:
Bottom.jpg
Bottom.jpg [ 739.45 KiB | Viewed 558 times ]
Top 2.jpg
Top 2.jpg [ 813.56 KiB | Viewed 558 times ]
Top.jpg
Top.jpg [ 864.65 KiB | Viewed 558 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2023 6:57 pm 

Sorry that no-one's gotten back to you before now--Tell us more about "there seems to be 9V on the board." Where, measured how?

Do you get the same (lack of) results when using a battery as when using an external power supply?

Do we understand correctly that what the power situation is "on the board" changes when you plug in an input plug?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:56 am 

Thank you!

I've got an analog meter, so the needle on the meter is showing "about" 8.5-9v at the DC Adapter jack, the LED, at the ICs, etc.) when there isn't an input plugged in.

Yes - I get the same result when using a battery as with the external power supply.

Yes - When I plug the input cable in....the power drops down to the fluctuating 2.5-ish volts at the DC Adapter Jack.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 8:11 am 

This is strange, because it's the plugging in at the input jack that is supposed to complete the connection that brings power to the overall circuit. When you are checking voltages at various points with your voltmeter, to what point are you attaching the com/negative/black probe?

(I also have this pedal, in a slightly different revision, and I tried to check your purple & black wiring in your photo to see if there is a mis-connection. It's hard to follow all the purple lines where they merge but for what it is worth I didn't spot any errors. But the symptoms do make it sound like a mis-wiring. My pedal has a different chipset but most of the circuit is otherwise the same and we can compare some voltages if you wish.)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 17, 2023 12:42 pm 
Site Admin

If you have power when there is no plug in the input, then you have a wiring problem. Or a short somewhere. It's difficult to identify wiring problems from a pic.

If you have power to the LED and it's not lit, then maybe you have your LED in backwards. It's hard to tell from a pic, and especially once the leads have been clipped. The cathode side (negative side) of the LED will be flat.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com