Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 12:27 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 9:07 pm 

My lazy sprocket is extra lazy. The Status LED lights up but the output signal is extremely quiet and does not have any swell effect to it. Adjusting the controls and trimpot seem to make no difference. I am using an SG with humbuckers, from what I've read that may be a problem. Please advise. I have more photos but I am only allowed to add 3. Thank you for your time.
Attachment:
IMG_0074.JPG
IMG_0074.JPG [ 52.95 KiB | Viewed 3224 times ]

Attachments:
IMG_0077 cropped.jpg
IMG_0077 cropped.jpg [ 71.54 KiB | Viewed 3225 times ]
IMG_0073 cropped.jpg
IMG_0073 cropped.jpg [ 75.66 KiB | Viewed 3225 times ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 5:08 am 

Can you post some larger photos with more detail? We need to see where the wires begin and end. We can’t tell much about your wiring from these photos. We also need to see the solder side of the PCB. This needs to be a close-up shot so we can see the quality of the soldering.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2014 9:09 am 

Stephen wrote:
Can you post some larger photos with more detail? We need to see where the wires begin and end. We can’t tell much about your wiring from these photos. We also need to see the solder side of the PCB. This needs to be a close-up shot so we can see the quality of the soldering.

^ This.

From what I can see, your soldering quality looks quite good. But "show stopper" soldering defects are often tiny, so we really need to see good quality close-ups.

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 12:38 pm 

Thanks for the replies! I was a bit baffled to find the photo posting limitations so restrictive when all the other help threads I read demanded more, higher resolution photos. Luckily, my digitally savvy wife has lent a hand.
Here are direct links to the album with the full sized photos:

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/and____ ... it%20board

Note that the wires are almost all of a different color for ease of identification. I realize that a few of the connections are not obvious, specifically the LED and power jack. As the unit powers up and the LED illuminates I wasn't too worried about those, but I can take more photos if you think you need them. If you guys have any specific direction regarding more photos, that would be helpful. This thing is a difficult subject!
I have an electronics certificate and I have soldered professionally in the past, so I am pretty confident in my work. That being said, as we all know it only takes one minor error to throw a circuit out of whack. I have reflowed all the solder joints on the board once after reading older posts, with no result. Thanks again for the assistance.