Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:58 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Para EQ settings help
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2019 12:50 pm 

Hello all!! Big fan of the kits and when the wife lets me I buy and build one. I am experienced with electronics so these kits have really turned into a great hobby. I have built the para eq and am finishing up on the Crown Jewel. My questions are concerning the Para EQ and its settings. It works fine so bonus points to me for the hardware side of things. I would greatly appreciate some come settings that people typically use for use on a bass, Guitar, or keyboard. I love how its sort of a clean boost but I'm having issues getting the kind of sound I want. I know this is a difficult question to answer, But I am basically wanting to boost the mids and sort of have a "frown" look if you were looking at the frequencies graphically. Does that make sense? Sorry if I am too vague. Thanx to everyone's help on these boards!!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 19, 2019 8:58 am 

i haven't used this pedal, but I've used a lot of parametric EQs over the years (pro audio background here).

If you're looking for the "frownie face" eq, set the highs and lows flat, then boost the mids using the widest "Q" possible, then sweep the frequency knob until it sounds the way you want it. Often exaggerating the settings at first is useful - i.e. Q and Level all the way up before you sweep the mids, then once you find the frequency you want boosted, lower the level to something that doesn't cause instant feedback :lol: