Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon Apr 15, 2024 10:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2015 8:27 pm 

Here are the latest Brit 45 schematic (date 8/27/15; corrected multiple errors) and a corresponding turret board diagram with each component labeled with it's schematic designation:

Attachments:
Brit45_schematic_rev2.gif
Brit45_schematic_rev2.gif [ 95.32 KiB | Viewed 21065 times ]
Brit45_PCB_labeled.gif
Brit45_PCB_labeled.gif [ 110.32 KiB | Viewed 21065 times ]

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 7:39 pm 

What is the value of D1? My kit did not come with a diode and I'm at a stand still for now.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:21 pm 

Yep, no diode in mine, either. I'll notify BYOC of the oversight.

In any case, it's labeled on the schematics--it's a 1N4007, a 1000V-rated rectifier diode. Fortunately, I had one on hand. Contact BYOC and they'll send one right out to you, though you may want to just check your local electronics store.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:26 pm 

duhvoodooman wrote:
Yep, no diode in mine, either. I'll notify BYOC of the oversight.

In any case, it's labeled on the schematics--it's a 1N4007, a 1000V-rated rectifier diode. Fortunately, I had one on hand. Contact BYOC and they'll send one right out to you, though you may want to just check your local electronics store.

Thanks! I've heard of some using a 1N5408, which I have MANY of at work. I think all of my local Radio Shacks have closed, so I may have to just wait it out.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2018 4:02 pm 

I'm coming in the home stretch on my JTM45 kit. I noticed that there is a ceramic 1k resistor in the pack that I assume is the 3W mentioned in the parts list. This component has lettering, not stripes. However, in the instructions, only a 2W is mentioned, has the traditional striped appearance, and the sizing of a 2W in the photo. (Step 28, pg. 45) When I completed that step, I used a 1k that looks like what is pictured. After noticing the ceramic piece on the table, I scoured the instructions and layout to figure out where it goes to no avail. Am I just seeing remnants of previous versions of instructions and parts?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:27 pm 

Did the 2W 1K color banded resistor that you used come in the Brit 45 kit?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:35 pm 

I think I figured out part of what happened: A while back, a visiting family member "moved some of your junk so we could watch TV in the bonus room." I had everything carefully laid out and in the process of soldering. They lost a few parts in the process, most of which I found in the couch or on the floor. I thought the 1K resistor was one of these parts, and had bought it and a few other components the last time I was at a local electronic store. I realize now that is where the 2W 1k resistor came from that I have installed. This is what the instructions show, but not what the parts list calls for. I still have that ceramic resistor on the bench, should I pull out the 2W?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:44 pm 

I doubt that it's necessary, since the parts list, installation directions, and amp schematic all show a 2W resistor there. But if it's an easy swap for you, it certainly wouldn't hurt. I'll ask Nick to comment on this....

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2018 1:54 pm 

As long as the resistors you place are at least the wattage shown in the schematic, you will be alright. It won't hurt to have a 3W in a 2W spot, or a 2W in a 1W spot, but I wouldn't recommend putting a 1W in a 2W spot, 2W in a 3W spot, etc. if that makes sense. So as long as you're following that guideline, you should be just fine.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:01 am 

Note there is a small error in the schematic diagram. The power on pilot light should be connected behind the main switch. Also it is recommended to ad 2 resistors of 5k6 as grid stopper to the KT66 tubes at socket point #5. This helps to elminiated any occilation.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:33 am 

Note that the grid stopper resistors should be connected in series to the #5 connections of each output tube

PostPosted: Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:35 am 

There are 2 other small updates to be made in the schematic diagram dated 07/16/2015. The Bass control pot.meter should be indicated as "logaritmic" so to read "A", while at the Mid pot. meter the indication "B" is missing for linear.