Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon May 20, 2024 4:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:56 pm 

I purchased the part's for this pedal from different source's. I checked all the wiring and it look's perfect. When I go to use one channel as a tuner mute, it doesn't mute. I keep getting a faint signal bleed from my amp. The pedal operate's fine other than that... Here's the pic:

Attachments:
DSC02254.JPG
DSC02254.JPG [ 874.03 KiB | Viewed 21802 times ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:27 pm 

The return B jack looks like it might be making contact with the output jack. Stick a plug in both jacks and make sure no metal is touching. Have you tried the tuner in both loops? Do you have the tuner plugged into a return jack, or just the input of the tuner plugged in to a send jack?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:43 pm 

The return B jack isn't touching the output jack, that's just the angle of the camera. I tried using the tuner in both channel's. I also tried connecting it both way's, with the output connected to the return and just with the input of the tuner to either send jack. Im still getting a faint signal coming from my amp.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2011 6:09 pm 

Do you get the amp signal bleed with nothing in the loop?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:58 am 

Yes, signal bleeding occure's even when nothing is plugged into either loop. I built several of them and they're all having the same problem, so I don't think that it's a damaged part or a bad connection. I just can't seem to figure it out.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:15 pm 

Are you using a high gain amp? Please describe you're entire signal path.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:17 am 

The amp im currently using is a carvin SX300. My axe is a gibson les paul with emg 81-85 pup's. My effect's chain is small and simple . Just a BYOC classic overdrive, a boss GE-6 (vintage), MXR phase 90 and a boss dd-7. I have this FX loop connected to channel A of the looper, and B is used as a mute.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:11 am 

My best guess is that the signal bleed must be coming from the bypass switch. You always have input signal coming from the tip of the input jack, to lug 4 of the bypass switch, and over to lug 9 of the bypass switch. Lug 8 is the output. So, I'm guessing that signal is bleeding from that input signal path (probably from the jumper from lug 4 to lug 9) onto the output wire.

My first thought would be to replace the output wire (bypass switch lug 8 to the tip of the output jack) with a shielded wire. Here's a tutorial: http://www.olcircuits.com/documents/olc_shieldedwire_guide.pdf I ground the shield at the ground lug on the output jack. If that doesn't do, shield the input wire, and re-route the jumper from lug 4 to 9 making it go around the base of the switch instead of between the lugs.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:13 am 

Also try putting the DD-7 in front of the bypass box, just as an experiment. The DD-7 buffers the signal in bypass mode. If placing the pedal in front of the bypass box clears up the cross talk, buffering the signal may be the way to go.