Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:59 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 2:49 pm 

I built the switch awhile back and it works fine but always had it with a battery. I have since bought a powered pedal board and when the switch is powered from the board like all the other effects. I get a loud click noise when using the bypass button. any clue why? no noise on battery only.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 10:26 pm 
This may be ground related. With a battery in the pedal the whole thing floats and is only grounded by your input and output cables. it would seem that your power supply may be introducing another ground return in your system. Since the power is only needed to drive the LEDs you could alter the pedal wiring to separate the signal ground and the power supply ground return altogether.

Just for a diagnostic run the looper without power and remove the battery (make sure the battery clips don't touch the case). Then take a piece of insulated wire stripped at both ends, fold the stripped strands back over the insulation and push it into the centre of your co-axial power lead, making sure it is secure and makes good contact with the centre of the barrel connector but does not short on the outer sleeve. See if your thump is there without the pedal powered at all (it should not be) and then with the wire from the centre of the power connector connected to the pedal case.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:51 pm 

hello guys, i just built the a/b looper with master bypass.Im using this looper to switch between a boss compressor and a mxr custom comp.Both loops work but loop b makes the custom comp have a dark or dull sound.Master bypass works fine.Also none of the leds work.What i did do is omit the lead that powers the battery.Im using 1k resisters instead of 4.7k. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks, chris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:59 am 
The A/B true bypass looper is a completely passive pedal so it is very difficult to see how it could 'make' the custom comp have a dull or dark sound. What happens if you reverse the loops and put the custom comp on A instead of B?

As to the LEDs not lighting you most likely have the external power connector wired incorrectly.