Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 11:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Experience Hendrix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:13 am 

Anyone ever see this show? I saw it last Sun for the first time. I'm too old for a 3 1/2 show but it was good. Some parts great, some I could do without. All in all a bit too long but I would go again.

Just curious of anyone's thoughts on it if they have seen it.

Most impressive guitarist for this show? Eric Johnson if I had to pick.

Post subject: Re: Experience Hendrix
PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 10:49 am 

Yep, saw an Experience Hendrix show here in Albany back in '14. Buddy Guy, Eric Johnson and Kenny Wayne Shepard were on the bill and were excellent, but the player who impressed me the most was Eric Gales. Dude has other-worldly chops! :shock:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 12:48 pm 

I think that was before Gales was getting some notoriety right? Did it last 3+ hours do you recall?

Other than Johnson Dweezil Zappa and Mato Nanji killed it. Doyle Bramhall Jr. was great as well. He had what I think was a delay putz out on him right out of the gate. He kicked it on for his first solo and I heard this crackle static sound and he looked pissed and shook his head. A tech ran out in between songs to replace it with a 5 knobber of something. I couldn't quite make it out. Chris Layton was the drummer (95% of it) who is always solid. Satriani was Satriani. I'm not a metal guy, today's anyway, guy so Zakk Wylde is not my thing. Dude was far too self indulgent playing the same thing over and over although he was quite the character. But, me and my buddy must have been in the minority as other people were going nuts as he strolled through the stage and then unplugged his 2 mile long guitar cord and went up to the third level of the Schermerhorn and plugged back in for 10 more minutes of pretty much the same riff(s).

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2019 3:02 pm 

I'm going tomorrow night in Raleigh!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 14, 2019 6:53 am 

shadycat7 wrote:
I'm going tomorrow night in Raleigh!

Enjoy. There is about a 20 min intermission. Long show for this old dude.

I failed to mention while Anna Popovic is easy on the eyes and can sing don't be fooled as she got after it on guitar. Very nice to see a lady getting some pub for playing guitar and I do mean playing it.