Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 11:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 7:20 pm 

I've gotten lots of help and advice from the BYOC forum over the years, beginning in 2007 when I couldn't get my first pedal kit to work. Over the past month, I've gotten email and PM advice from oldlefty and tubeamp about my guitar build, not to mention all the advice in the actual thread I started. And then just yesterday, I got personal support and advice from CaptainPeyote and Morgan over text messages for two problems I was having. Justin (CP) helped me figure out how to wire up an order flipper toggle switch that I couldn't get to work, and Morgan gave me tons of advice about how to get the master volume working on an amp I bought.

Thanks, fellas!

Here's the pedal, a 3-in-1 project I've been working on for ages. The order flipper was the last step. It's a Madbean Moar (somewhere between a Timmy and a Rat) into a Phase 45 with a vibe mod toggle and then into an Arburat by Kastle, a workalike for Wampler's Faux Tape Echo. The order flipper is between the first two effects. Totally passable as a backpack pedal. Can cover so much ground!

Attachment:
63338120769__DFCE8828-5920-4DEF-A743-9F2C343333F1.jpeg
63338120769__DFCE8828-5920-4DEF-A743-9F2C343333F1.jpeg [ 181.17 KiB | Viewed 2176 times ]

Attachment:
IMG_1088.jpeg
IMG_1088.jpeg [ 305.13 KiB | Viewed 2176 times ]

And the amp. My dad was shopping for an AC15, but there were none available on Craigslist in Harrisburg where he lives. I was able to score this one at a great price because the master volume didn't work. Morgan taught me lots about the cool way Vox does their master volumes, but in the end it just needed a replacement volume pot. It sounds great and has a different speaker than mine… I kinda wish I could keep it! The photo is of both amps side by side: mine on the left, Dad's on the right.

Attachment:
IMG_1098.jpeg
IMG_1098.jpeg [ 331.72 KiB | Viewed 2176 times ]

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 9:15 pm 

Liking everything I see there! :mrgreen:

And, yeah, we sure have a great group of folks here in the forum. A welcome respite from the craziness that seems to be everywhere in the world these days!

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2021 10:10 pm 

That's a sweet looking pedal - the combination of the colours and the typefaces give it a real vintage vibe :)

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 12:08 pm 

Shucks.

That's a wicked looking pedal :shock: Yowza!

Re: Vox !!! Over the last 20 years I've worked myself up from the Cambridge 30 Reverb reissue, to an AD120VT, to my current AC15C2 (which is the KEEPER). With the Vox, the Tweed Royal, and the '75 Twin Reverb I just restored, I'm pretty well set in amp heaven. 2nd line are the Champ 12, Ampeg SVT micro w/15" cab, and my Jerry rig consisting of SMS preamp, McIntosh MC50 power amp, into cab loaded with JBL Ks. All for an old fart who plays occasionally only at home. Beautiful toys.

Getting out the soldering iron is FUN, having to actually pick up the guitar and play is work....

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 1:32 pm 

:mrgreen: I love this community too.

That pedal is rad!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2021 3:39 pm 

Amen to all of that. :)