Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:15 pm 

Wow! If you are in to creating funky tones and effects, this pedal is a great place to start!! And with 4, count them 4 different modules, the possibilities with this pedal are endless!!! And just when you think you've gotten the perfect sound, tweak the trim pots on the module just a little. And BOOM! Completely different effect! I believe this one has a permanent spot on my pedal board!

Attachments:
Phase Royal SbS.jpg
Phase Royal SbS.jpg [ 678.73 KiB | Viewed 2942 times ]
Phase Royal Modules.jpg
Phase Royal Modules.jpg [ 859.66 KiB | Viewed 2942 times ]

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:27 pm 

Very very nice. I am envious.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 6:49 pm 

Super tidy build :) I'm also envious... I might not quite have Jimi's level of phaser addiction (yet), but I know I'd play the hell out of a Phase Royal :lol:

I'm still holding out hope for the Stereo Analog Flanger and the Mega Chorus & Vibrato, though :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2021 8:10 pm 

Looking good, Steve! :mrgreen:

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:39 am 

Very well done, Steve, as usual at this point!

So funny you describe the pedal this way. It IS extremely versatile. I think of it as a studio pedal: something to have on hand so you can get a million different sounds on a recording. Way more versatile than I need for daily use, though. I wish I could get a mini version of it that is permanently in the optocoupler mode, set just the way I like it. Because it does live on my pedalboard, but I never touch anything but the bypass switch! :mrgreen:

My band, Austin Hollow

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:29 am 
Site Admin

Very nice! Where did you find that kit, if you don't mind me asking? We haven't had those in stock for quite some time now.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:25 pm 

byoc wrote:
Very nice! Where did you find that kit, if you don't mind me asking? We haven't had those in stock for quite some time now.

Thanks Keith.
I bought them from "Axe And You Shall Receive" (https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/p ... oyal-kit-0)
I bought that one and an Echo Royal (next build) from him. The down side is the shipping cost. Just over $30.00 each, I believe.
He has a few more I would like to get but, I have decided to wait until you get them back in stock. I'm starting to mod a couple of
the ones I have right now, so that will keep me busy for a bit. :mrgreen:

-=Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:31 pm 

sjaustin wrote:
Very well done, Steve, as usual at this point!

So funny you describe the pedal this way. It IS extremely versatile. I think of it as a studio pedal: something to have on hand so you can get a million different sounds on a recording. Way more versatile than I need for daily use, though. I wish I could get a mini version of it that is permanently in the optocoupler mode, set just the way I like it. Because it does live on my pedalboard, but I never touch anything but the bypass switch! :mrgreen:

Thanks Scott! I haven't gotten to play with it a lot but I do think the octocoupler module will be a permanent fixture in that pedal. I agree, when you find that combo that you like, there's not going to be a lot of adjusting going on.

-=Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 2:41 pm 

eponymous wrote:
Super tidy build :) I'm also envious... I might not quite have Jimi's level of phaser addiction (yet), but I know I'd play the hell out of a Phase Royal :lol:

I'm still holding out hope for the Stereo Analog Flanger and the Mega Chorus & Vibrato, though :wink:

I wasn't a huge phaser fan... but this pedal is quickly changing my opinion!
If you don't mind a $30.00 shipping charge you can get them from "Axe and you shall receive" (https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/p ... ibrato-kit and https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/p ... langer-kit) out of Canada.
I bought the Phase Royal and an Echo Royal kits from him.

-=Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 4:21 pm 

I'm gonna find you the phone number for pedals anonymous. You got it bad. But it looks good!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 6:27 pm 

SteveO wrote:
If you don't mind a $30.00 shipping charge you can get them from "Axe and you shall receive" (https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/p ... ibrato-kit and https://www.axeandyoushallreceive.com/p ... langer-kit) out of Canada.

They're both listed there, but out of stock, sadly... and I'm in Australia, so I'm used to paying hefty shipping charges :wink:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 8:56 pm 

geekmacdaddy wrote:
I'm gonna find you the phone number for pedals anonymous. You got it bad. But it looks good!

Thanks Jeff! Definitely addicted! Found the "BYOC Mods" room... now I sourcing parts for mods for some of the pedals I have. Just finished a Silver Pony 2 the other day, and added a third stomp switch to change when the boost comes in. Was going to change stomp switch to a toggle so I'd know by looking what position it was in. Then Bob suggested adding a bi-colored LED and a 4DPT switch and included instructions. The down side to that was that a light would be lit anytime it had power. So I opted to just have a single LED and have it come on when the modified circuit was engaged. I've got it just about finished but in the process I screwed up the decal on the top of the pedal. So after I get this operational I get to redo the enclosure. :cry:
But hey, it's all fun! Right??? :mrgreen:

-=Steve

p.s. It just occurred to me, you probably already knew most of that story... :shock:

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 9:01 pm 

eponymous wrote:
SteveO wrote:

They're both listed there, but out of stock, sadly... and I'm in Australia, so I'm used to paying hefty shipping charges :wink:

Sorry for the mis-information! When I looked I just assumed because they were listed, they were in stock. I should have gone one step further and tried to order.
Again, my apologies!

-=Steve

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2021 10:57 pm 

SteveO wrote:
Sorry for the mis-information! When I looked I just assumed because they were listed, they were in stock. I should have gone one step further and tried to order.
Again, my apologies!

No apology required - I appreciate the thought almost as much as your pedal pictures :)

Speaking of mods, I built one of the MojoTone/StewMac '59 Tweed Deluxe kits going back a while, and just added a pre-phase inverter master volume and switchable negative feedback (as per Rob Robinette's incredible instructions)... Every project is definitely a learning experience.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2021 8:03 pm 

eponymous wrote:
SteveO wrote:
Again, my apologies!

No apology required - I appreciate the thought almost as much as your pedal pictures :)

Speaking of mods, I built one of the MojoTone/StewMac '59 Tweed Deluxe kits going back a while, and just added a pre-phase inverter master volume and switchable negative feedback (as per Rob Robinette's incredible instructions)... Every project is definitely a learning experience.

Building an amp is definitely on my 'to do' list! I built my first pedal in January of this year so an amp would be a huge step for me. To date I have 11 complete builds. I did my first mod (just a switch and one resistor) a month or so ago and now I am in the process of modifying a BYOC Silver Pony II (much more technical, for me anyway). I'm finding the mods more interesting than the original builds. :mrgreen: I read through some of the mods on the page you referenced... I think I'll just stick with the pedals for a little while longer. :)

-=Steve