Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 5:51 am 

Ok, I see a few Members are struggling to post images, so I adapted this little walkthrough from a tutorial I did for my forum.
Hope you find it useful ...

Picture tutorial - property of Naz Nomad

Last edited by Naz Nomad on Sat May 24, 2008 6:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:56 am 

yeah, i don't get why so many people have problems posting pics!

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:12 am 

Thanks Naz!

I always struggle getting pics onto the board, maybe this will help.

cheers
KC

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 11:57 am 

Thanks for that Naz. I find it's such a chore to post pictures. Not all of us are computer inclined.

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 5:06 pm 

No probs ... if it helps just one person, it was worth posting.

PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 10:43 am 

Thanks Naz! I certainly appreciate it.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 6:52 pm 

Just referred back to this. Posting photos isn't something I have to do often. Thanks again.

Last edited by Nate in VT on Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 7:14 pm 

Nicely played, Naz. If the other moderators don't have a problem, I'm going to make this a sticky.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:20 pm 

Yikes ...all these stickies ... we need them in their own 'Sticky' section.

Have to scroll through half a page of gravy to get to the meat now ... lol :D :D

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2009 10:45 pm 

and there I was, thinking you'd be honored.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 4:08 am 

Don't get me wrong, it's great. I'm just too lazy to scroll down the page a couple inches. :D

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:56 am 

Naz Nomad wrote:
Yikes ...all these stickies ... we need them in their own 'Sticky' section.

Have to scroll through half a page of gravy to get to the meat now ... lol :D :D

Can I make a suggestion to ye mighty moderators?

I've seen this done on other forums where you end up with a lot of threads you want, but you don't want to overload the section with stickies.

Make one sticky, call it "How-To". In it's subheader say "post pictures, apply decals, build your own cables!" then in the first post, link to those three threads. Then unsticky them. So you've cut down from 3 threads to 1.

Maybe you could also condense the two stickies of Stephens that are both regarding capacitors. One is a conversion from pico-nano-micro, the other is a cap. code chart. Those could definitely both be linked by one "master" cap. sticky?

Just a thought. If it's too much work you could make me a mod and I'd do it :wink:

-J!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 am 

That 'grouping' does work well, but like I said, I wasn't trying to make work for anyone, I'm just a lazy :lol: bastid lol

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:45 am 

Naz Nomad wrote:
That 'grouping' does work well, but like I said, I wasn't trying to make work for anyone, I'm just a lazy :lol: bastid lol

That's why I nominated myself for the job :wink:

-J!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:09 am 

If you where to do something to the affect I would also recommend limiting who has posting rights. I would lock it so only selected threads could be added by mods. Keeps from getting just another cluttered thread.

Nice try with the whole mod thing James haha. I know quite a few people on here who are deserving of becoming a mod, couple coming to mind CJ especially along with dragonfly and a few others. People that have been here for quite sometime :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:16 am 

gtrplaya101 wrote:
If you where to do something to the affect I would also recommend limiting who has posting rights. I would lock it so only selected threads could be added by mods. Keeps from getting just another cluttered thread.

Nice try with the whole mod thing James haha. I know quite a few people on here who are deserving of becoming a mod, couple coming to mind CJ especially along with dragonfly and a few others. People that have been here for quite sometime :)

I don't really care either way. I've been a mod/admin plenty of times before and it almost always amounts to more work and zero appreciation. I just like jokingly suggesting it every once in a while. This is one of the few forums I visit that actually has moderation under control!

There are many other non-mods who would be ahead of me in line. I guess I assumed they might not want the job or they'd have it already, considering how many mods we do have.

-J!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2009 11:23 am 

Yeah know what you mean. The list looks big but some of those mods are inactive and haven't logged on in months.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 12:12 pm 

thanks soo much. i definitely was having a lot of trouble figuring this out. but so simply it was!! 8) 8)

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:43 pm 

Thanks. I am tech-tarded when it comes to computers.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2012 10:11 am 

One thing that has helped my recent pictures is to put away the flash and use a tripod for a good available light shot. The tripod helps even at 800 or 1000 ISO because you don't want it in direct sunlight or you get as much shading as with a flash, plus if you can set it, you can use a smaller aperture to get more depth of focus. Also the colors are more accurate and nothing is washed out.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:07 am 

James! wrote:
gtrplaya101 wrote:

I don't really care either way. I've been a mod/admin plenty of times before and it almost always amounts to more work and zero appreciation. I just like jokingly suggesting it every once in a while. This is one of the few forums I visit that actually has moderation under control!

There are many other non-mods who would be ahead of me in line. I guess I assumed they might not want the job or they'd have it already, considering how many mods we do have.

-J!

Thanks guys.. long time I find this information... I'll meet you ... thanks for sharing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:02 pm 

The picture in the picture tutorial is broken. ;)

PostPosted: Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:46 pm 

mjanzen wrote:
The picture in the picture tutorial is broken.

Gone with the wind, I'm afraid. It was the original poster's personal image, it's long gone from the location where it was posted, and he hasn't visited the forum in over 7 years....

My Website * My Musical Gear * My DIY Pedals: Pg.1 - Pg.2

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:39 pm 

So it appears that this tutorial is broken, links have been lost over time. Through some trial and error, I have had some success with posting pictures, so I figured I would do a quick write-up of what appears to work for me at the moment.

I went to the google machine and did a search for "free image hosting for message boards:

For this tutorial, I picked the second option that the google machine returned, because when I clicked on the first one, it immediately presented me with "sign up for this price..." I want free... I'm a stingy guy!

So I signed up for the postimage.cc site and created a free account. Once I'm signed into the site, I am presented with a screen that is giving me a few options. I selected the default (32) option on top, 640X480 (for message boards) on the second line, then no expiration date for the third. You can make changes if you wish, but these settings appear to work for me. From there, I click on the choose images icon, and it directs me to upload a picture from my computer.

Once I upload my picture(s), I am presented with a screen that allows me to copy imbed code. I usually pick on the "Thumbnail for forums:" option.

After that, it's a simple matter of pasting the code into the posting I am creating. This next screenshot will be of the coding that is inserted for me on the picture above this paragraph:

Hopefully this is pretty easy and straightforward for you. Please let me know if I can help.
Chuck

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2023 3:03 am 

Jerronmo wrote:
One thing that has helped my recent pictures is to put away the flash and use a tripod for a good available light shot. where to buy phenq even at 800 or 1000 ISO because you don't want it in direct sunlight or you get as much shading as with a flash, plus if you can set it, you can use a smaller aperture to get more depth of focus. Also the colors are more accurate and nothing is washed out.

mjanzens wrote:
The picture in the picture tutorial is broken. ;)

When posting a tech support thread on the BYOC forum, please post it in the ... Pic that clearly shows your footswitch/jack wiring and the wires going to