Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 3:40 pm 

I came into possession of a DOD FX69B "Grunge" pedal that is pretty roached. Looks like a Diode went up in smoke and some of the tracings on the PCB with it. I'm not really interested in saving the guts on the pedal TBH, never cared for the sound they output. But I've been looking at the Gray Overdrive kits and thinking, you know what...........maybe it'd work in there...... I know the big thing is probably going to be positioning the PCB and such. And honestly, I'll probably use the switch and just drill the existing pad/footswitch panel whatever the hell you call it. Thoughts? Anything else I should look out for in doing this??? And obviously I'll have to put 2 dummy pots in to make up for the fact there are 4 pots on the enclosure. Thanks for putting up with my delusions ahead of time.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2023 5:56 pm 

Wiring everything off board is probably going to be the easiest thing to do in this situation. You could use 5mm LED bezels in the empty holes, that’s be way cooler than dummy pots. [FACE WITH STUCK-OUT TONGUE AND WINKING EYE]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 1:10 pm 
Site Admin

https://buildyourownclone.com/collectio ... pass-board

We're out of stock at the moment, but I'm sure someone else makes a similar relay kit. You could use the existing momentary switch to turn something like this on and off, instead of drilling it and using a 3PDT.

And as for the 2 extra pot holes, you could use some washers to narrow their diameter, and mount toggle switches. If you end up building the DOD250 circuit, you could use one toggle to change clipping diodes, and the other to change the bass response cap.

Please do not PM me. email is prefered. keith@buildyourownclone.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2023 8:38 am 

Decision has been made!!! I'm going with a Rat kit, a Li'l Mouse kit to be precise since most all the control components are off board to start and I feel like I need a Rat in the mix on my board.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:55 am 

I think the FX69B Grunge sounded great! Would love to see Keith do a version here.