Build Your Own Clone Message Board

It is currently Sat May 18, 2024 4:38 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:13 pm 

Building for a friend. I've built a couple other pedals before, including the analog chorus pedal from BYOC. This is my second attempt at a fuzz (I've got a Atoner that's having some issues lately as well)...

Here's what I got. I got the correct volume boost from the output of the transistors using the audio probe. All voltages look about right, and conductivity is ringing out through the switching. My wiring on the switch is working (as far as I can tell - it's one of the cleaner ones I've done in all honesty). But... I can't seem to get that bias on the collector of Q2 to get down below the 9.3-9.2 source voltage range in the trim pot. Tried it on both the leg of the transistor and the lug on the resistor.

Pics attached. Having a tough one on this. I'll be out for a couple weeks, so it'll take a while for me to respond back with what ends up fixing it, but please toss the suggestions my way!

<3,
Chakosh

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:35 pm 

Right off the bat I can see that you have the pots reversed.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:39 pm 

Thanks Stephen. Apparently following directions may not be one of my strong suits... Will give that a shot.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 9:29 pm 

Thanks again, Stephen. After switching the pots it works with the test transistors, but Q1 is d.o.a. Looks like I'll contact BYOC about a replacement transistor. I've got the fuzz when the test transistor + Germanium are in Q1 and Q2 (respectively), but when I replace the test transistor with Q1, it's dead.